Welcome to Hurlingham School’s website which I hope you will find interesting and informative.
Hurlingham is a non-selective independent preparatory school based in Putney. We provide a balanced and rounded education in which every child is treated as an individual. Within our purpose built and spacious building, we are able to provide excellent facilities including a large gym, ballet and drama studio. Specialist science, art, ICT and music rooms allow us to deliver a varied and exciting curriculum. Our close proximity to Wandsworth Park provides us with facilities for football, tag rugby, hockey, netball, rounders, cricket and athletics as well as additional recreational space.
The School’s ethos is to provide a happy, secure atmosphere in which children can be the best that they can be. Our experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic staff provide opportunities for the children which strongly promote creativity and independence of thought; we feel these are essential attributes for a child growing up in the 21st Century. We nurture self-confidence, self-discipline, self-motivation, self-esteem and above all a thirst and enjoyment for learning. We continue to foster an intimate and welcoming environment centred on family values, with a strong focus on good manners and respect for one another. Our aims are:
- To aim for excellence in all we do in the education and development of pupils at our school.
- To establish a sound, fair and moral community in which pupils can learn to live amicably with their peers within a happy and nurturing atmosphere.
- To provide a stimulating, safe, enjoyable and dynamic environment where children want to attend and develop a love of learning.
- To enable all pupils, whatever their abilities and talents may be, to access an excellent education throughout the Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two.
- To provide a broad curriculum and a strong extra-curricular programme which develops the children’s confidence and independence and ensures that they are well equipped for life after Hurlingham School.
- To widen the availability of the school to as many families as possible within our local community, through the provision of assistance in cases of hardship.
- To develop an ongoing partnership between parents and Hurlingham School as a whole.
I look forward to meeting you when you come to visit…