Hurlingham School is a co-educational, non-selective School and is committed to equal treatment for all. We welcome all children and strive to create a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
Children may join our school in the Autumn Term following their fourth birthday. However, you may register with us at any time. Indeed, the earlier you do so the better.
Deciding on the right school for your child is very important, and we believe that a personal visit is invaluable so we would encourage you to book an appointment to visit our School, in the first instance, when you will be given the opportunity to experience, first-hand, not only the fabulous, modern and well-equipped educational setting, but also to get a real sense of the warm and nurturing environment created by our team of excellent educational practitioners.
There is no entrance exam or interview for children joining us in Reception but it is preferable that children have a conversational ability in the English language. Places are offered in order of registration, although (subject to registration) priority is given to siblings of children already attending Hurlingham and those living within 1.2km of the School. It is also worth noting that all pupils who attend our Nursery, are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Main School.
For children wishing to join us after the Reception year, we ask for a report from their current school and invite them to come and visit us for an informal assessment.
How to Register
You can register your child via the Online Registration Form. Registering your child will ensure that he or she is placed on a waiting list for a place at the School. If you wish, you can also select the option to register your interest in Hurlingham Nursery, where children can start from 2 years of age. Places at the Nursery are offered in order of registration, so the earlier this is done the more chance you have of being offered a place.
The Admissions Process:
1) If you haven’t already done so, please book an appointment to visit the School for a tour with the Head. Although you do not need to have looked around before registering, you do need to have visited us before you will be offered a place. So please make time to do this as early as possible.
2) Complete the Online Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee of £75. As we are non-selective, we recommend you register your child as early as possible. The Admissions Registrar will also be able to advise parents on any occasional places which might be available for children in the years above Reception.
3) Following your registration, you will be placed on our waiting list and, if successful, will receive an Offer Letter from us in the Autumn Term the year before your child is due to start. This will include an Acceptance Form, our Terms and Conditions and various policies which you need to have seen before accepting a place.
4) In order to secure the place, we require a non-refundable deposit* of one term’s fees payable in two instalments. The first is a non-refundable Acceptance Fee (equivalent to three quarters of one term’s fees for the current academic year) payable at the point of offer in the Autumn. The second is the Balance Payment (equivalent to the final quarter of one term’s fees) which will become due the following Spring.
5) These two payments combine on your child’s first day to form the deposit which will be retained by the School until your child leaves. At this point it will be returned to you once all outstanding fees and charges have been met and provided a term's written notice of intention to withdraw has been received by the Head, prior to the first day of the preceding term.
Siblings of current pupils are automatically given a place provided that they are registered. We rely on you to give us details of your new children no later than the 1st September of the year before they are due to start. Siblings registered after this date cannot be guaranteed a place.
*The Deposit, equivalent to one term’s fees, is payable in two instalments and is non-refundable should your child not join Hurlingham. If you do take up a place, the Acceptance Fee and the Balance Payment will be converted to a deposit on your child’s first day. This will be retained by the School until your child leaves, when it will be returned to you once all outstanding fees and charges have been met, and provided a term's written notice of intention to withdraw has been received by the Head, prior to the first day of the preceding term.