Registration and Admissions
Children may join our Nursery as soon as they have reached two years of age. However, you may register with us at any time. Indeed, the earlier you do so the better.
We would encourage you to book an appointment to visit our Nursery, in the first instance, where you will be given the opportunity to experience, first-hand, not only the fabulous, light and spacious physical space, but also to get a real sense of the warm and nurturing environment created by our team of excellent nursery practitioners. You will learn about how the children’s sessions are structured during the different stages of their time in the Nursery, their learning pathway with us, the options available to you and them, and have an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
How to Register
You can register your child via the Online Registration Form. Registering your child will ensure that he or she is placed on a waiting list for a place at the Nursery. If you wish, you can also select the option to register your interest in the Main School, where children can move from the Autumn term when they are rising five years of age. Places at the Nursery are offered in order of registration, so the earlier this is done the more chance you have of being offered a place.
All pupils who attend our Nursery are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Main School.
The Admissions Process:
If you haven’t already done so, please book an appointment to visit the Nursery. Although you do not need to have looked around before registering, you do need to have visited us before you will be offered a place. So please make time to do this as early as possible.
- Complete the Online Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee of £75.
Following your visit, and subject to the availability of sessions for your intended start date, you will receive an Offer Letter from us. This will include an Acceptance Form, our Terms and Conditions and various policies which you need to have seen before accepting a place. You will be asked to specify on the Acceptance Form, which sessions you would like your child to attend*. Please note that your child must do a minimum of four sessions, and we highly recommend that in the final academic year before starting school, they attend a minimum of seven sessions, to help ensure they are school-ready.Places in the nursery are offered, in order of registration and with priority given to siblings of existing pupils in the nursery or main school, from a year prior to your child’s proposed start date. Should you wish to secure a place more than a year in advance, you can request that an offer is made at any time after you have visited us.
- In order to secure a place, you will need to return the completed Acceptance Form, together with the non-refundable Acceptance Fee of £2,000** by the date stipulated in the Offer Letter. For those Nursery pupils taking up the offer of a place at the Hurlingham School at the end of their Pre-School year in the Nursery, the Deposit, subject to you giving your consent, can be transferred to the Hurlingham School as part-payment of the Acceptance Fee.
- Following receipt of your Acceptance Form and Acceptance Fee, you will receive confirmation of:
- your child’s start date
- the number and times of the sessions they have been allocated. (Should you wish to vary these, particularly if you want to increase the number of sessions, please let us know as early as possible so that we can try to accommodate your request).
- proposed dates for the ‘settling in’ sessions your child is invited to attend in advance of starting with us.
- Once the number of sessions has been confirmed, you will need to give a full term’s notice in writing should you wish to reduce this number, or you will be required to pay for the original number of sessions for the following term.
*We offer morning sessions, Monday to Friday 8.00 – 12.00 and afternoon sessions, Monday to Friday 12.00 – 15.45.
**The Acceptance Fee is non-refundable should your child not join Hurlingham Nursery. However, if you do take up a place, the Acceptance Fee will be converted to a deposit on your child’s first day. This will be retained by the Nursery until your child leaves, when it will be returned to you once all outstanding fees and charges have been met, and provided a term's written notice of intention to withdraw has been received by the Head of the Nursery or Headmaster, prior to the first day of the preceding term.